Dining Room - Look One

I call this look one, because I still need to add the wallpaper in the molding squares that will better tie the rug and the wall color together. But I still wanted to share the progress I made this weekend. The before picture isn't really the true before, before. The room started with beige walls and the three mirrored boxes were three small windows that showed nothing but my neighbors siding so I added black film and mirror and then molded them out in the white molding. I also replaced the chandelier. I found this cheap glass chandelier and sprayed it white (what a job that was) and then added the ceramic vines from Urban Outfitters. I think these were intended as wall art, but I bought two and made them a ceiling medallion (that was quite a project with super glue!). So that is what I lived with for a while, but I never really liked the blue. I had originally wanted a blue/black but it didn't turn out quite right. Plus I couldn't figure out how to decorate with it. Which brings me to the after. I painted the walls this okra color, which in person just makes the room's energy so much more alive. As I said I am still not quite finished. Stay tuned for look two. BTW - the painting of the girl is done by one of my besties. She is a wonderful painter and she has a pretty cool blog. Check her out here.

3 comments:

  1. oh this green certainly has a wow factor!! I like it!
    Ranne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen It looks fabulous. Wow! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This room looks just AMAZING! Do you mind sharing the wall color? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete